Re: [GENERAL] Returning an integer from a date

От Herouth Maoz
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Returning an integer from a date
Дата
Список pgsql-general
At 12:51 +0200 on 29/03/1999, Rick Dearman wrote:

>   I have a date field in a table, I want to create a function to
>manipulate this date, however I want the date to come to me as an integer.
>
> Is this possible? Or do I have to get it as a char *string??

What kind of an integer do you need? You could have the "milliseconds since
epoch" kind of number quite easily. Or do you need a number such as
19990301?

Herouth

--
Herouth Maoz, Internet developer.
http://telem.openu.ac.il/~herutma

От: Gerard Saraber
Сообщение: backing up pgsql
От: Stuart Rison
Сообщение: problems with a sub-select (takes donkeys' years)